THIS IS A PROPOSED POSITION. ANTICIPATED AWARD IN DECEMBER 2023
GBSI is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the role of Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager in Pensacola, FL. This position is responsible for leading the Security Operations Center (SOC) in Pensacola, Florida. The SOC consists of a variety of highly-skilled, technical staff performing Monitoring and Analysis, Cyber Incident Handling, Threat Intelligence & Hunting, non-compliance reporting, user activity monitoring, malware and forensic analysis, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing of on-prem and cloud environments. Furthermore, the SOC Manager coordinates 24x7 staffing to support mission-critical operations, including incident response, and manages surge support.
- Plans, directs, and manages day-to-day activities across the Security Operations Center;
- Drives implementation and improvement of new tools, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies across all teams within the SOC;
- Accountable for the timeliness and efficiency of identification, isolation, mitigation, and reporting of critical incidents by the SOC;
- Instills and reinforces industry best practices in the domains of incident response, cybersecurity analysis, knowledge management, and SOC operations;
- Familiar with Cloud concepts and experience performing monitoring and responding to threats in Cloud environments;
- Promotes and drives implementation of automation and process efficiencies;
- Validates continual improvement and technical advances;
- Maintains a forward-leaning ops tempo that includes continual validation and improvement across all SOC functions;
- Maintains situational awareness of escalated events and alerts, tools status, vulnerability status, forensics and malware investigations, intelligence status, and all other SOC functions;
- Experience reporting on SOC activities and delivers SOC recommendations in accordance with government and contractual requirements;
- Provides customers with remediation recommendations;
- Creates, reviews, and approves new procedural documentation.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems and a minimum of twenty (20) years of experience is required. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree;
- At least four (4) years experience in supervising or managing teams is required;
- At least five (5) years of intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience is required;
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance is required at start;
- IAT Level III (CISSP GCIH,) or GCIA certification is required at start;
- Advanced knowledge in planning, directing, and managing Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and/or Security Operations Center (SOC) operations for a large and complex Enterprise is required;
- Significant experience supervising and leading employees of various labor categories and technical skill levels in efforts similar in size and scope to a mature Security Operation is required;
- Mature understanding of industry accepted standards for incident response actions and best practices related to SOC operations is required;
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities is preferred;
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization including prior experience performing large-scale incident response is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) is preferred;
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework is preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create technical reports based on analytical findings.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Established in 1995, Global Business Solutions, LLC (GBSI) offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
GBSI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This Contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
GBSI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with GBSI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Drug Free Workplace:
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.