GBSI is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the role of IT Support Specialist I in Colorado Springs, CO. to provide support to end users on a government contract. The ideal candidate will serve as the initial point of contact for IT related problems and provide tier level support which will consist of providing phone and online support to users, performing troubleshooting, resolving technical issues, and following escalation protocols as necessary. Provides support services to employees and contractors in local and/or remote access locations, helping to resolve technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop, mobile devices, printers, audio/visual and network services/devices.
- Provides front-line onsite and remote technical support to identified locations, including troubleshooting hardware, standardized and proprietary software, telephones, mobile devices, VPN, printers, and network connectivity;
- Configures, deploys, and maintains Windows desktop and laptop computers in an enterprise environment;
- Coordinates, troubleshoots, and resolves incoming tickets, phone calls, and walk-up requests;
- Ensures priority support to senior leadership, including deadline driven or after-hours support as needed to support the business;
- Coordinates regularly and daily, if necessary, with customer core IT support center;
- Manages 3rd party IT support on efforts/projects requiring greater depth and knowledge;
- Engages daily with Facilities Manager and/or Facilities Administrative Assistant;
- Utilizes technical expertise and applicable company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues;
- Develops IT and Audio Visual SOPs for facility;
- Uses the IT Service Desk electronic ticketing system according to department procedures for the opening, closing, resolution, escalation, and tracking of user requests;
- Monitors queue regularly and responds with fix/solutions or dispenses tickets to the relevant 3rd party IT support or customer IT support center/resource;
- Resolves 70% - 80% of all assigned tickets and coordinates escalation to the appropriate IT staff and/or vendor(s) for those requests which fall outside scope of assigned role;
- Manages user accounts, shared resources, and group memberships;
- May support multiple segments within the organization and builds on technical knowledge in those segments;
- May provide access and connectivity support to external customers as needed;
- Notifies leadership of any changes within site that may cause a change in volume, escalation, major outage, server issue, major move, and/or staffing issue;
- Supports and maintains open, professional, and effective relationships with leadership, user community, and peers;
- Is the onsite resource for other departments within IT and assists with team maintenance and deployment efforts, including occasional after-hours support and/or participation in the on-call support rotation;
- Configures, deploys, upgrades, wipes, and re-purposes IT equipment to established procedures;
- Maintains site IT hardware, software, and peripherals, including procurement, recycling, or destruction per departmental/company security requirements;
- Provides daily operational support for all topics of messaging, directory services and application virtualization technologies, including system administration and mobility;
- Assists with unclassified IT duties as time allows;
- Performs other duties and assists other employees, as assigned by leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems is required;
- Three (3) years of industry accepted Information Technology (IT) experience is required;
- Active DoD-issued Secret Security Clearance is required at start. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI eligibility;
- IAT Level II (CCNA Security or CSA+ or GICSP or GSEC or Security+ce or SSCP) certification is required at start;
- Proven hardware and software experience, including Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Adobe products, smartphones, printers, and out-of-the-box and proprietary software is preferred;
- Networking experience, including wired and wireless troubleshooting and basic VPN connectivity issues is preferred;
- Significant experience working in Linux and Windows operating systems is preferred;
- Maintain sensitive, proprietary, and classified information as required by company and government requirements;
- Communicate and interact effectively with peers, leadership, and end users, including maintaining respect for others and following company policies;
- Have a willingness to learn and utilize company technology for company required purpose;
- Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to maintain knowledge, skills, and capabilities as it pertains to the job;
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a deadline-driven, security centric environment;
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to learn/adapt to new technologies and techniques;
- Passionate for delivering excellence in customer service within a collaborative team environment.
Established in 1995, Global Business Solutions, Inc. offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
GBSI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This Contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
GBSI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with GBSI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Drug Free Workplace:
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.