THIS IS A PROPOSED POSITION. ANTICIPATED AWARD IN DECEMBER 2023.
GBSI is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the role of Systems Administrator in Pensacola, FL who will be responsible for the configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of systems including associated hardware. Requires monitoring and updating current and new network systems, implementing critical system patches, scheduling O&M activities, and coordination of all customer related issues. The candidate must be able to work in a high-energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Performs the activities of configuration and system operations (mainframe, mini, or client/server based, etc.);
- Performs system capacity analysis and planning, optimizing, system operations, and resource utilization;
- Aids users in accessing and using business systems; responsibilities includes Windows Administrators, SharePoint Administrators, VM Ware Administrators, and other Tools Administrator positions;
- Creates and publishes standard operation procedures for O&M teams and installers;
- Performs full life cycle of computer hardware, to include price estimation, purchasing, physical installation, inventory and physical decommission activities;
- Transitions legacy equipment and replaces with new technology utilizing the Property Turn In (PTI) process;
- Provides technical guidance, training, and leadership for current / new operations and engineering personnel;
- Provides staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems;
- Tests, maintains and monitors computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems;
- Coordinates new product evaluations and configuration requirements with hardware vendors;
- Provides Tier III & IV technical support and leadership in complex mission critical Linux and Windows based environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems and a minimum of six (6) years of experience is required; OR
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems and a minimum of three (3) years of experience is required;
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance is required at start;
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification is strongly desired;
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management is preferred;
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications is preferred;
- Experience in the following tools is preferred:
- Satellite Server
- IDM/Free IPA
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server and client administration (Windows 2008 and Windows 2012), Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, Altiris, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), SharePoint Server, Double-Take, Backups/Restore, McAfee, VMware is required;
- Significant experience with maintaining servers, storage devices and applications is required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is required;
- Significant experience working with trouble ticketing systems is required;
- Significant experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems is required;
- Significant experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy is required;
- Knowledge and experience in application of STIGs to secure Windows services and applications is required;
- Significant experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc., is required.
Established in 1995, Global Business Solutions, LLC (GBSI) offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
GBSI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This Contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
GBSI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with GBSI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Drug Free Workplace:
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.