THIS IS A PROPOSED POSITION. ANTICIPATED AWARD IN DECEMBER 2023
GBSI is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the role of Help Desk Specialist in Pensacola, FL to support end users on a government contract. The ideal candidate will be part of a DevSecOps program, operating in an Agile SAFe framework, and will serve as the initial point of contact for IT related problems and provide tier level support which will consists of providing phone and online support to users, performing troubleshooting, resolving technical issues, and following escalation protocols as necessary.
- Provides support to end users to resolve technical problems on a variety of issues;
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled (includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up);
- Responds to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support;
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution;
- Interacts with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem;
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties;
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems;
- Interacts with customers to handle service inquiries and problems;
- Provides support to the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems;
- Rapidly distinguishes isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems;
- Coordinates with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements;
- Duties include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return;
- This role analyzes recurring problems, annotating, and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems and six (6) years of experience is required; OR
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems and three (3) years of experience is required;
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance is required at start;
- Significant experience working in with Linux and Windows operating Systems is required;
- Significant experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks is required;
- Experience with Scripting/Automation is required;
- Experience with troubleshooting issues in a growing environment is required;
- Strong oral and written communications, as well as time management skills, are essential in this role.
Established in 1995, Global Business Solutions, LLC (GBSI) offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
GBSI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This Contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
GBSI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with GBSI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Drug Free Workplace:
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.