THIS IS A PROPOSED POSITION
This role will be filled pending contract award. This posting will expire Thursday, April 27, 2022.
- Provides ISSE expertise for all assigned engineering tasks and projects;
- Provides guidance describing the system and its functions, information types, operating environments, and security requirements;
- Reviews the adequacy of the security controls and their ability to protect the information system and its information; assist in tailoring security controls, as appropriate;
- Assists in determining the assurance measures that can be used to meet assurance requirements;
- Integrates ISSE team members into all Scrum and project teams to provide for all requisite RMF security related support;
- Works collaboratively with Systems, Network, and other engineers throughout the service design lifecycle to design and implement security controls, and best practices such as Zero Trust Architecture, including engineering of assigned RMF BoE documentation;
- Conducts Assessment and Accreditation (A&A) activities, following security processes and coordinating with the Designated Authorizing Official (DAO) representatives and appropriate security teams;
- Creates and updates assigned RMF documentation and artifacts for each service, as required.
- LEVEL III: Bachelor's degree in a related field, with five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience is required; OR Masters degree in a related field with three (3) to five (5) years’ experience years of experience; OR PhD with zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience;
- At least five (5) years experience in security engineering of Information Systems is required;
- DoD-issued Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility is required at start;
- IAM Level III certification (CISM, CISSP, GSLC, or CCISO) is required at start;
- ITILv4 Foundation Certification is desired;
- Proven experience performing security engineering across enterprise systems and networks is required;
- Proven experience performing Systems Security tasks including: Security Information and Event Monitoring (Splunk); Endpoint security (HBSS); password and credential management (CyberArk); Compliance and vulnerability scanning (ACAS / Nessus); and Code Scanning (Fortify) is required;
- Proven experience performing Network Security for Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)/ Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) is required;
- Proven experience with Cisco products (Cisco Security Manager, Cisco FireSight Management Center, Cisco Firewall Service Modules (FWSM), Cisco IPS/IDS modules, Cisco Firepower IDS/IPS, Advance Malware Protection (AMP) services, Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) services, etc., is required;
- Familiarity with RMF and DoDAF 2.0 processes and standards is required;
- Familiarity with Scrum methodologies is required.
Established in 1995, Global Business Solutions, Inc. offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
GBSI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This Contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
GBSI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with GBSI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Drug Free Workplace:
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.