GBSI is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the role of Specialist III in Pensacola, FL.
- Installs, maintains, calibrates, and/or removes equipment located in workshops, storage areas, and classroom/laboratories;
- Installs all equipment changes, configuration updates, and system modifications on all designated trainers including the SLQ-32 and MRTS. Trainers shall be maintained in accordance with OPNAVINST 4790.2, 4790.4 and/or existing local command maintenance concepts;
- Performs a System Operational Verification Test (SOVT) on all modified, updated, and newly installed equipment to ensure its operational capability;
- Inspects shelved or stored equipment quarterly;
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance of equipment not currently scheduled for classroom utilization (outside of normal business hours);
- Performs a regular schedule of preventive maintenance on operational classroom equipment in accordance with applicable technical publications, maintenance requirement cards (OPNAVINST 4790.2, 4790.4), or vendor publications;
- Troubleshoots (fault isolation) defective/degraded equipment performance and provides corrective action during normal training hours to restore scheduled training capability;
- Investigates warranty applicability and delivery defective items still under warranty to the designated school coordinator for processing;
- Analyzes equipment changes, alterations, or modifications to improve equipment performance, reliability-maintainability and personnel/equipment safety;
- Performs daily basic operational status checks on physical server room assets. Failed equipment such as power supplies and hard drives shall be replaced immediately if there is no impact to training;
- Performs Organization, Intermediate and Depot Level maintenance for all equipment within a system, including the Fault Insertion Devices (FID), and/or Pre-Faulted Modules (PFM);
- Conducts monthly inventories;
- Maintains (in RFI condition) system repairable and repair parts and consumables on site;
- Maintains repairable and repair parts and consumables at the stock inventory level;
- Maintains a perpetual inventory and conducts an annual physical inventory;
- Performs supply support functions for the CIWT domain. Assists with documenting and tracking inventory levels and status of parts, supplies, and consumables;
- Completes a monthly 10% inventory spot check;
- Barcode equipment and maintain inventory of barcodes;
- Maintains the Property Pass Program;
- Maintains custody receipts;
- Performs micro-miniature repair in accordance with Navy 2M standards;
- Performs Fiber Optics clean and repair to obtain BICSI Installer 2 certification, or commercial equivalent, within 24 months.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems is required;
- Three (3) years of industry accepted Information Technology (IT) experience is required;
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret Security Clearance is required at start;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an IAT Level II (CCNA Security or CSA+ or GICSP or GSEC or Security+ce or SSCP) certification within 6 months of start;
- Ship EW systems maintenance or Precision Measurement Equipment Lab (PMEL) experience is required.
Established in 1995, Global Business Solutions, Inc. offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
GBSI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This Contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
GBSI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with GBSI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Drug Free Workplace:
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.