THIS IS A PROPOSED POSITION. ANTICIPATED AWARD IN DECEMBER 2023.
GBSI is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the role of Network Monitoring/Service Desk Program Manager in Pensacola, FL to provide vision and oversight for the integration of government systems including disparate systems, producing an improved functionality and seamless operations in a Network Operations Center (NOC). The successful candidate will provide senior technical leadership and coordination with the enterprise Security Operations Center (SOC) working in a 24x7 operational environment. This position requires daily interaction with management, security personnel at customer sites, and government personnel within other federal agencies. The NOC Manager is responsible for providing technical over site and managing the scheduling of SOC activities and advancing the state of analysis with techniques and tools.
- Responsible for establishing and promoting best practices throughout the technical support process;
- Provides practical solutions to complex network management engineering problems;
- Provides expert setup, configuration, support, troubleshooting, usage guidance, and training to engineering staff for supported tools and infrastructure;
- Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services;
- Ensures compliance with security procedures for data handling;
- Participates in planning sessions for process improvement;
- Provides recommendations to the Government on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis;
- Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity;
- Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages;
- Tracks and analyzes trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports;
- Identifies problems and implements solutions;
- Identifies, recommends, develops, and implements customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with eight (8) years of relevant experience; OR
- Master's degree in a technical field with six (6) years of relevant experience;
- Ten (10) years experience managing NOC teams is required;
- At least ten (10) years strong domain knowledge and expertise managing enterprise-level IT Service Desk support consisting of multiple Tiers and providing monitoring and sustainment support from SW inception to deployment;
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance is required at start;
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations Certification is required at start.
- Experience with securing at least one of the following cloud service provider types: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software a Service (SaaS), and Platfo1m as a Service (PaaS) is required;
- Knowledgeable of emerging technologies and state-of-the-art Cyber tool or applications is preferred;
- Experience with developing/integrating cybersecurity designs for systems and networks is preferred;
- Proven experience working closely with management and technical teams on understanding the overall direction/scope of various projects and translate those into effective processes and artifacts is required;
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies and practices is required;
- Experience with development, maintenance, and ongoing actions related to continuous integration, automation, and development of network tools is required;
- Prior experience in overseeing development and dissemination of information for trend analysis and documentation is required;
- Exceptional management, communication and interpersonal skills are a necessity; including the ability to effectively communicate via written and verbal media is required;
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with large teams is required;
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of network monitoring tools is required;
- Demonstrated experience ensuring service support is timely, accurate and meets service levels daily is required;
- Extensive project management experience managing operational and maintenance support with minimum of 20-30 FTEs is required.
Established in 1995, Global Business Solutions, LLC (GBSI) offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
GBSI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This Contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
GBSI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with GBSI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Drug Free Workplace:
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.