THIS IS A PROPOSED POSITION. ANTICIPATED AWARD IN DECEMBER 2023.
GBSI is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the role of Network Operations Virtual Engineer in Pensacola, FL to support the efforts of a DevSecOps operating in the SAFe Agile Framework. The ideal candidate will be part of the virtual network operations and support department, running a managed broadband router service for Systems Integrators, Internet Service Providers, Utility Providers and Telc.
- Responsible for designing and configuring virtual environments and implementation plans for hosting complex applications workloads;
- Provides critical operational insight current workload and upcoming requirements validate infrastructure can support mission;
- Maintains STIG/harden/patch virtual environment as required;
- Monitors virtual environment for issues and remediate problems;
- Provides services which include IPsec VPNs, Firewalls, and general access routing;
- Day to day operations include service provisioning, monitoring, configuration changes, troubleshooting and Level 3 technical support;
- Liaises with Telcos and ISPs in provisioning of broadband services;
- Involved in system testing, working with R&D department, to become familiar with the Virtual Access products;
- Provisions services through Activator, the provisioning and configuration management database system;
- Some on-call support at weekends and outside of business hours will be required, for which an allowance will be made.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems and twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years of experience is required; OR
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, or management information systems and ten (10) to twelve (12) years experience is required;
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance is required at start;
- Knowledge of the virtual IP stacks and capabilities is required;
- Knowledge of IPsec VPNs, Firewalls and general access routing is required;
- Good verbal and written communications skills are essential for this role.
Established in 1995, Global Business Solutions, LLC (GBSI) offers customers a distinctive blend of information technology capabilities, education and training services, and information assurance solutions. Managed by a team of executive leaders experienced in the field of information technology and training services within the industry and government, GBSI prides itself on exceeding expectations. Our award-winning solutions give clients the support tools needed to successfully deliver in evolving environments with confidence.
GBSI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This Contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
GBSI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with GBSI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Drug Free Workplace:
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.